Junior Marketing Coordinator
Are you a natural storyteller? Are you passionate about technology? RedElastic is a growing technology consultancy based in the heart of downtown Toronto. We’re looking to add a creative Junior Marketing Coordinator to our tight knit team. You’ll help us share our story with the world; who we are, what we’re passionate about, and how we drive success for our clients.
You’ll help us on all levels of communication, including organizing local meetups that we steward, sharing our existing blog/video/book content across all relevant social channels, and forming alliances in the industry.
RedElastic is a fully inclusive workplace. If you thrive on the challenge of working independently and carving out your own path, and are looking for an opportunity to grow alongside a fast growing team, we’d love to hear from you!
- Familiar with principles, techniques, and best practices for key marketing channels including email, social media, and PR
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities and interpersonal skills
- Experience with social media tools and platforms such as Twitter, YouTube, Medium, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and others
- Curate the top stories in technology that relate to our areas of expertise; share internally; help us publish our thoughts on the most interesting issues
- Ability to handle timeline and strategy shifts and re-prioritize accordingly
- Entrepreneurial-minded, energetic, and deadline oriented
- Marketing degree required (Communications, Media Studies, Marketing, etc)
- Extremely independent; stay productive even without specific assignments and deadlines; we are a small company and all of us wear many hats!
You’ll help us on all levels of communication, including organizing local meetups that we steward, promoting our existing blog content, curating the content of other companies similar to ours, helping us launch a video channel, and forming alliances in the industry that ultimately help promote our services.
We're looking for someone who craves flexibility, drives results, and is productive with a low amount of oversight. While this may sound daunting, for the right person it gives you a chance to flex your marketing prowess and build our brand in your own way. We're a small company, so we all wear many different hats, and you should feel comfortable pitching in even if it's "out of the box" contributions.
- Grow and foster the company’s social media presence
- Communicate with our consultants to understand what key highlights and stories to feature pertaining to RedElastic’s work and the technology industry in general
- Form new alliances with other content producers and platforms to help us spread our knowledge to a larger audience
- Strengthen existing alliances amongst our other technology partners on content marketing
- Create a process to help us measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and the effectiveness of our marketing budget, such as conference and local meetup investments
- A passion for technology and a desire to grow your career within the software industry
- Spearhead a number of other related duties as assigned
- Ensure marketing materials are up to date, accurate, and relevant
- Maintain detailed plans, deliverables, and deadlines; be able to communicate and drive next steps both internally with our consultants and externally with our partners
- Due to the complexity of international hiring, this position is open only to residents of Canada with the legal ability to work in Canada; telecommuting from anywhere in Canada is possible for the right candidate
RedElastic is a small but fast growing company. This is a great opportunity to grow with a small, dynamic, inclusive team. We're looking for more than an employee, we're looking for someone to help us shape our culture as we grow and find our place in the world of technology. If you thrive on the challenge of being able to directly make a difference in the company you work for, along with a strong sense of self-sufficiency, we'd love to hear from you!
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We strive to create a professional environment that is welcoming to everyone!