Fast Data Developer
RedElastic is looking for a talented machine learning expert to help us craft the next-generation of intelligent systems.
What you will do day-to-day:
- Design, implement, and optimize fast data systems at scale using the Lightbend Fast Data Platform
- Collaborate with our client's development team to coordinate on all aspects of development
- Ensure project success by producing high quality code and dedication to best practices such as automated testing, code reviews, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Leverage your excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with our client's leadership team
- Work in self-organized teams to mitigate key project technical risks, managing effort and quality
- Demonstrate a determination to push through tough problems and issues in order to achieve project success
- Bring your consulting background and previous experience working with multiple clients in order to help us deliver the next generation of fast data and distributed systems
- Be an agent of change who is constantly learning and seeking better outcomes
- Passionate about equipping and enabling others with the right learnings to help them adopt new technologies, techniques, and levels in their career; we are advocates for our customers on all levels!
You'll be a coach, mentor, and teacher for our delivery teams and our clients. This is a senior level role which requires a grounding in first-principles along with the work experience to apply those principles on real world projects.
- Deep programming experience with Scala or Java
- Experience with the components of the Lightbend Fast Data Platform, including Spark, Kafka, Flink, HDFS
- Significant experience in big data batch and streaming architectures and concepts
- Relevant experience in distributed architecture and functional programming concepts
- Enough development experience to know how to craft solutions based on the size and throughput of data
- Experience with modern software development processes and practices: design, testing, coding, and peer review culture
Nice to have:
- Experience with the Lightbend Reactive Platform for microservices, including Akka, Lagom, and Play
- Experience with data stores such as ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Cassandra
- This role requires travel to the US and abroad, for up to 8 weeks at a time
RedElastic is a small company without the bureaucracy of traditional consulting firms. We didn't start RedElastic to grow into yet another giant consulting company, we started RedElastic to create a home for the top talent in Canada so we could all build a brand we're proud of. We're very selective about who we hire, and even more selective about the client work we take on. This means you'll have a direct impact on the type of work we do as a team together.
The benefits of working at RedElastic:
- Top-shelf compensation
- Spend time while not on client assignments either in our office in downtown Toronto or at home (we are flexible!)
- Remote applicants will be considered on a per-engagement contract basis
- Take your career to the next level by participating in conferences, contributing to our blog, or even working on a book with us (we’ll help you achieve your career goals in any way we can)